haven't posted on here in a while.... Little update, I got the Bushnell memorial scholarship at the geology awards ceremony!! That's $2000 that goes towards summer field. What a nice surprise, huh? I am so stoked!! The next day I got to go to a luncheon at the faculty club, and it was very cool. I sat at Jim Mattinson's table, and he's a really cool guy. I need to be sure to take some classes from him next year. Yeah, it's decided. I'm taking a 5th year of school. It will be good for me, cause I can finish off my education with geology classes instead of lame GEs. I'm gonna be living in Goleta with Cadi and Steph, which should be a blast. We plan to surf all the time and have lots of BBQs!! It's gonna be great. I'm really looking forward to it. Isla Vista has been good to me, but I'm over it. I will still be within bike riding distance of IV, so I can still come out and chill with the folks who will still be here. I've been chugging along through finals, and think I have been doing a bang-up job so far. I'm hoping for some A's this quarter. Keeping my fingers crossed!!
Last night was fun. I went and saw Kim off yet again. She's going to Dublin this time, that crazy girl. We chilled at Breaktime, then hit Zodo's and played videogames for a while before bowling a game and heading back. Then I popped over to Brian and Matt's to chill, then hung out at Steph's for a bit. It was a nice break after working so hard. Now it's nose back to the grindstone for my Tuesday final. Anyways, a little somethin for entertainment. This was on Tova's AIM profile. :-)
You Might Be a Geologist If ...
1. You own more pieces of quartz than underwear.
2. Your rock collection weighs more than you do.
3. Your rock garden is located inside your house
4. You can pronounce the word "molybdenite" correctly on the first try.
5. You don't think of "cleavage" the same way everyone else does.
6. You have ever uttered the phrase "have you tried licking it" with no sexual connotations involved
7. You think the primary function of road cuts is tourist attractions.
8. You find yourself compelled to examine individual rocks in driveway gravel.
9. You're planning on using a pick and shovel while you're on vacation.
10. Your internet home page has pictures of your rocks.
11. You will walk across eight lanes of freeway traffic to see if the outcrop on the other side of the highway is the same type of rock as the side you're parked on.
12. You can point out where Tsumeb is on a world globe.
13. The baggage handlers at the airport know you by name and refuse to help with your luggage.
14. You have ever found yourself trying to explain to airport security that a rock hammer isn't really a weapon
15. You never throw away anything.
16. You have ever taken a 22-passenger van over "roads" that were really intended only for cattle
17. You consider a "recent event" to be anything that has happened in the last hundred thousand years
18. You have ever had to respond "yes" to the question, "What have you got in here, rocks?"